More than likely you are on this site because you are in some kind of emotional and/or relational pain.
Sins cause all of the pain in our lives and forgiveness is God's solution for the problem of sin.
Practicing all aspects of real forgiveness is how God heals the human soul and restores broken relationships. Unfortunately, practicing forgiveness is not natural to human beings. In fact, we learned from childhood how to do the opposites of forgiveness, leaving us wounded, broken, angry, unhappy and frustrated. Jesus said it this way,
"The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy..."
Our sins, and the sins of others against us have cripples our ability to experience the fullness of God's life.
Fortunately, the good news is, really the extraordinarily great news is, that God can heal our souls and restore our relationships. But He can only do this through what He calls 'forgiveness,' and a forgiveness that is made possible only through His Son, Jesus Christ. That is why Jesus finished His statement above by saying,
"...but I have come that they might have life, and have it abundantly."
We are not saying you will be problem free if you develop a lifestyle of authentic forgiveness, but we are saying that practicing all aspects of forgiveness resolves most problems, and the problems it does not resolve are dramatically changed. How can we make such a bold claim? It is simple; practicing genuine forgiveness changes our problems because it is how God dramatically changes us. God is offering you a healed life, a restored life, a life filled full with His life.
Here are some of the benefits of practicing all aspects of God's forgiveness
- Inner health
- Release from guilt, fear, shame, anger, self-condemnation and depression
- A sense of peace, joy and security
- Confidence and a positive self-image
- Improved physical and emotional health
- Release from past events
- Increased ability to see truth more clearly
- Increased ability to make better decisions
- Freedom from destructive, compulsive behaviors
- Victory over temptations
- Deliverance from demonic influences
- Relational health
- An increased love for God and others
- Freedom from destructive relationships
- More and better loving relationships
- Stronger and happier marriages and families
- More effective ministries and churches